Does your teen or young adult seem to be really struggling? Have they been opposed to getting help, or perhaps have seen several therapists, with no success?
Do these phrases describe your child?
- Struggling in school
- Angry all the time, or perhaps withdrawn
- Argumentative with parents and teachers, or perhaps just non-communicative
Are you seeing even more worrisome symptoms?
- Signs of depression
- Anxiety symptoms
- Substance abuse, such as alcohol, marijuana or other drugs
- Trouble with authority figures or law enforcement
My name is Jeff Kropp, and I am a Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Therapist (LMFT #40226). In my years of working with clients in many settings, I've found that I especially enjoy working with young people that other therapists might describe as "difficult". Your teen may tell you that they don't want to come to counseling. They may tell you that if you insist that they come, then they won't talk. I find that if I have the opportunity to have at least one session with them, often by the end they will say things like:
- This isn't what I expected
- This is different than other counseling
- I wouldn't mind coming to talk to you
If you would like to talk with me about your particular situation with your teen or young adult child, please call me at 805-583-3976 x 777.
To learn more, please click on the following:
Questions about therapy?
Just fill in the form below, and you'll receive a free article that will answer some questions.
|How can therapy help?|